Here is a list of workouts that can be done while traveling. If you can find a park with a jungle gym… incorporate pull-ups, if you’re in nature… incorporate odd objects such as rock carries, etc. Most importantly…BE CREATIVE & HAVE FUN!
- 100 Turkish-get-ups with whatever you can find
- 10 Rounds: 10 burpees / 30 double unders
- 10 Rounds: 10 push-ups/ 10 sit ups / 10 squats
- Tabata squats/ pushups/ sit-ups/ lunges and…what ever else you can think of
- Go for a run… Explore your new surroundings!
If you find it hard to motivate to high intensity without the class setting… do a grinding ladder. We use these a ton when we are limited on space (i.e hotel room) and also because the warm-up is somewhat built in.
Get as far as possible in 20 or 30 Minutes
- Air squats
Insert whatever movements are challenging to you and just grind through. It adds up! Here is a list of movements that can be done just about anywhere.
- Air squats (Jump Squats)
- Hollow rocks
- Lunges (Jumping, Walking, Reverse)
- Plank holds
- Wall sit
If the hotel has Dumbbells (and Most do…)
*You can also drop in on other Crossfit gyms. Check the affiliate map here to find one. Two great free apps for folks that travel frequently are Interval Timer & Alltrails. Interval timer allows you to program any interval you want for as many rounds as you want. Alltrails is a mapping/mileage tracker app great if your heading out for a hike, run or bike in a new place.