Having a safe and family friendly environment is important to us at CFCA. This is not just limited to the safety of our members, but also any children who are present at the gym during our group classes. Up to this point we haven’t had an official ‘policy’ on what is (and is not) appropriate for children at the gym while their parents are working out. As our member base and class sizes grow, we feel that it is important to establish some guidelines to ensure that we maintain a safe environment for everyone at CFCA, as well as to preserve the integrity of the group class experience for all members, with and without children. If you choose to bring your children with you to group classes, we are asking for your help to enforce these guidelines with your kids. We realize that this is a departure from what has been allowed in the past, but we feel that it is necessary from a safety perspective.
1. Parents must fill out a waiver for all children who enter our facility.
2. Children are not allowed on the main gym floor during our group classes (No Exceptions). This includes the warm-up, the WOD, and any post-WOD work. Children must stay in their specified area, which for now will include the chairs or bench near the desk,or on the big blue matt located under the climbing wall. Feel free to bring in books, video games, coloring supplies, puzzles, etc. for the kids to use in the area while you are working out. We have a pack & play and baby jumper we can help set you up with as well.
3. All gym equipment is off limits to children at all times. This includes the pull-up rig, rings, jump ropes, boxes, rowers, dowels, foam rollers, barbells, kettle bells. You are welcome to set your child up with some chalk & a chalkboard (found over by the backdoor on the steps).
4. Please help us keep the gym tidy. Just like we ask of you, please make sure you or your child has cleaned up after themselves before you leave the gym.
5. It is the parent’s responsibility to ensure that their children are following these guidelines. If you see your child doing something they shouldn’t, you must stop the WOD and address it immediately. Please do this in a way that is not disruptive to the rest of the class.
6. Coaches need to be focused on running the class and ensuring the safety & enjoyment of our members. A coach will let you know if your child has become a distraction to the class in session, and has the right to ask you to leave if it continues or becomes a safety issue.
Please have a conversation with your children before coming to class so that they understand what is expected of them. We love having families come to the gym together, we are only looking out for the safety and enjoyment of all members. It is very important that we implement and stand by these new policies as a good example to current and future members and families. Thank you for your understanding.